Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Primal Day 3

I. am. exhausted.
Due mostly to the little one that had tummy issues last night and rolled around on my bed alternately screaming and sleeping in odd positions for 3 hours. Not fun.
I'm working on getting her more veg, and less fruit (she eats a lot!). I also gave her some kefir today to see if some probiotic love will help. Not sure if my kids just aren't used to digesting pork, but they all had a bit of tummy aches and constipation this morning. They devoured those boneless pork ribs last night! They were good!
I tackled my Full-Length PEM (Primal Essential Movements) workout for today's exercise challenge. It's a 5 minute aerobic warm up, followed by 2 maximum reps rounds of Pushups, Squats, Pullups and Forearm Abdominal Planks. Kicked. My. Butt. AND after working on negatives for the past few months, I was able to do my first real unassisted pullups in years! Woohoo! I have a problem maxing out in squats. The PEM Mastery requirements say at least 50 is great, but I stopped at 155 my first round... because I was mentally done. My legs didn't tire in the least until the end of the second round. My legs have always been my powerhouse.
My results went like this:

Push Ups Round one: 25 Round two: 30

Squats Round one: 155 Round two: 156

Pull Ups Round one: 6 (assisted with a tiny Round two: 6 (2 unassisted,
push off the floor) 4 assisted)
Plank Round one: 42 seconds Round two: 55 seconds

Need to work on those planks!!

Lunch was a giant salad- Romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, celery, red peppers, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and avocado topped with leftover rib meat, olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt. SO YUM!!
I'm thinking something lighter like chicken and veggie coconut soup for dinner. I need a break from heavy meats!

No comments: