Saturday, February 7, 2009

Splendud

Splenda. Also known as sucralose. I've known it was a bad thing since I saw the first commercial with the heavenly little yellow box and the promises of sweetness with no consequence, but I have never taken the time to find facts until now. I know I can't stand the taste of it and that it invariably makes me sick to my stomach. I did the research today. I read plenty of opinions and articles and chemical compounds and barely understandable scientific break-downs. Almost all of them point to the same thing... bad.

I found this article to be most helpful and inclusive.
Splenda or Splen-dud

3 comments:

Ezmerelda Endora Enid said...

Damn. You GOT me!!! Bah...

deonthemom said...

Maggie Contador turned me on to your blog and I gotta say..... you are writing what I have been thinking!!! I am gonna be a faithful follower now!

Kakes said...

You are most welcome! I'm not always great at updating, but it sure is nice for us nutritarian health nuts to keep each other company.