Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Children's Health and Nutrition

I was blessed enough to be raised by parents who took my nutrition and care seriously. They did their research and knew their facts and we didn't eat like most Americans. My friends though we were weird. I cannot express how grateful I am that my parents fed me a diet rich in fresh fruits and veg, whole grains, healthy fats and unprocessed foods. That refined sugars and flours were scarce and dairy and red meat were 'once-in-a-while' things. I die a little each time I see someone pull into McDonald's with a car full o' kids. It is our responsibility as parents to do better than that! My wonderful mother-in-law sent me a link to this article:

Childrens Health Issues

After reading it, I am even more grateful that I have years of health behind and ahead of me and that I know what I know now so that I can pass on that gift to my children.

No comments: