Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Divine Treat- Strawberry Sparkling Cider

I am SO EXCITED! We got a Vita-Mix for Christmas!
I have made everything from fresh apple juice to blender whole wheat pancakes, to the smoothest of yummy smoothies, salsa and fresh pizza sauce.
My husband got us a 4 pack of sparkling apple cider for the holidays. My biggest pet peeve with these is that one bottle only contains 4-5 small servings. On Christmas night I decided to stretch it out and make it better. So I filled the blender with about 8 cups of semi-thawed frozen strawberries and added one entire bottle of cider. BRILLIANT! It was delicious! My little family all had glass after glass and we all got more than our fill of this new favorite treat.
Try it! Yum!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds delicious! And I am SO jealous about the Vita-Mix. I have wanted one for years but I don't think we'll be able to afford one until Christopher is done with school. Boo-hoo!