Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Primal Life is a GOOD Life.

Just a little comparison shot.
The first picture was after the Turkey Leg 5k on Thanksgiving day last year- about 6 months ago. The second was taken May 19th of this year. We have been Primal for almost 5 months and I cannot express what a joyous relief it is to be the me I knew was under all that fluff!!! I'm down 20 lbs, down 18% body fat, my skin is clear, my body is strong and healthy. That first picture was after struggling through a slow 5k (3.1 miles), not having run for 5 months. The second was after rocking out 2 legs of a relay, totaling 8.65 miles for the day at a 7000ft elevation. I don't feel like exercise has been the key to my transformation. I feel like properly fueling my body gave me the energy to be more active and I just wanted to move more! I haven't been busting my behind for an hour a day. I've been running a few miles a time or two a week (if that), lifting body weight (sometimes yoga) and heavy things a couple times a week (for maybe 10 or 15 minutes), and playing with my family. And it all feels like play. I love this!!!

No comments: